Date Night | Baguio City

Baguio City has been my second home. For the past 12 years, I have been shuttling up to this city mainly for studies, further studies and of course a little fun on the side. I would never get tired of this city. I will never get tired of a two-hour-zigzagy-bus-ride to reach this city. I love this cold but comforting and lovely city. For the years that I have stayed in this place, honestly I have not explored a great deal of it. I had only been to its tourist spots but I easily got tired of them as an adult and found them too crowded so I no longer frequent them. But now that I got interested in taking photos, I realized I knew little about this city. I need to set up a date, probably a series of dates for that matter to get to know it better and capture its beauty. And so I decided, for starters, a chilly date night.

For the past years, every time I go home from school, usually late at night, I pass by the city hall and I liked how it was lighted so I told myself I will have to try to capture that one time. And now the time has come, a chance to see it up close. I checked my watch and I was on time, actually a few minutes early since the lights were not yet switched on. I waited, it was getting dark and colder by the minute. Still, my date was not yet ready, no lights yet. I was ready, tripod, camera all set. A few minutes later, raindrops started to fall. Oh boy, seriously?

 Good thing I had my dad as chaperon for this date lol! He was ready with an umbrella. :) Finally at 6:10 pm, my date was ready, all-lit! Despite the light rain, I tried to take a few snaps of my date. A bit sad, I wanted to stay with it for a a bit longer but the rain and cold wind were not on our side. I will have to retreat early and meet my date again some other time.

Still not satisfied with my quick date night, I tried to take a few more snaps while walking back to the hotel. Cafe by the Ruins, where they serve tasty food but a bit pricey (will post on that soon).


Rush hour and the rain, not a good combination I guess...cold wet weather not my thing too... One more snap before I called it a night, a date night with Baguio.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...